Re: Trento gig recording and pics

Funny you mention Zoviet France, ive been listening to them alot recently (finally got some old vinyl things on mp3), and I see what you mean. Especially with EDP-ish SUS stuff, that I do alot, a basically non-rhythmic source gets some rhythm over time. Its hard to plan, but we had one connection that was important to the sound. I had an audio line from the laptop (that did have the drum loops playing in Abelton Live) but I had the master level down on my mixer. But I could add a littl occasionly into my loops, by turning up the send to the loopers, that version of his loop, would then get chopped about a bit, and although kept "in synch" would move in relation to the original loop, dependent on what multiplying and stuttering I was doing.

I like that there is always a "pulse" with Zoviet Frances stuff, but its often 5, 7 or whatever beats long, no obvious down beats, just loops.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
> @Per The Sax guy IS great isn´t he? The cello sound is also me, its either a
> cello from the GR55, or bowing I did both.. although I used a rusty metal
> rod instead of a bow. GOD The Orb.. forgotten about them... but I see what
> you mean. its the down tempo drum loop I think?

No not at all. I mean the vibe and collage approach (part of that is
what you do IN STEAD OF using down tempo drum loops - LOL - like
looping any non drum sound rhythmically. It seems you were mainly
responsible for that here). Hillage's System 7 also comes to mind and
of course Zoviet-France. It was fun to hear so much heritage in sound
and an interesting thought is how much of this that was intended and
how much that happened due to similar use of machinery and musician
skills (looking at "musician skills" here as just another ingredient
you might throw into the pot).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com