Re: Roland GK cable noise issue

Hmmmm...

I have heard of GK 13-pin cables going bad and/or becoming noisy.

I have only experienced one such cable failure myself since 1992, and when
that cable went bad it simply buzzed intermittently a bit and then went
dead on one string.

Otherwise, I have happily sent both the synth signal and audio signal of
my guitar down these cables and perceived no lack of audio quality - or in
other words, no need to avoid using the same cable to send the signal from
my magnetic pickups.

I regularly use GK equipped guitars to run a GR synth a VG modeler and
analog (magnetic pickup) guitar sound all through the same cable with no
problem at all.

I have never particularly felt the need to run my magnetic pickup through
a separate cable from the guitar.

Different strokes I guess...

Ted