Re: Roland GK cable noise issue

All signals except the 3-way switch contacts are "audio" in the GK pickup
cable. The hex pickup outputs are very bright of course due to the pickup
position but the signal is essentially the same as that from a standard
mag pickup. Lots of information is gathered from these signals including
pitch, envelope and spectral data for the harmonic restructering and other
synthesis uses. Personally, if my connectors are well cleaned, I've had no
problems with either the hex signal or the mag signals. BTW, all hex and
mag signals are buffered by unity-gain op-amps inside the GK unit so there
is little loss or signal degradation. The only reason to avoid using the
mag path would be if you don't like the "buffered" sound.