Re: Mac Audio editor?

For something that is simple, cheap, and easy to switch to from Peak, check out TwistedWave. For non-fancy general 2-track editing it's fine... It gives you various options for what to do with the "tail" of an effect, though I don't see an option to fade effect in... but you can trial it for free. And you don't have to go through that 2-step export/save process like in Audacity. I have found it a reasonable Peak substitute.