Re: OT: Who do I remind you of?

I agree with Per. Think "recommend if you like" instead of actually
"sounds like". People who like ____ might also like William Walker.
Pick some well-known names of people who use devices to craft guitar
sounds. I'd say Adrian Belew and Robert Fripp. I should be more
familiar with David Torn, but I'm not yet.

I did my own not long ago. I probably should've put Ikue Mori (the
other person who's known for using drum machine as a primary
instrument for improvised/experimental music). Instead, I put:

--Klaus Schulze - someone who does solo live performances with
electronics (synths), where he creates unusual virtual worlds.
--Oval - someone who modifies sounds beyond recognition but still
keeps it very musical
--Zoviet France - a very well-known post-industrial experimental music
group, that combines textural sounds with musicality.

All 3 are cases where someone who likes that stuff might like my
music. Right now, I'm thinking I should switch out Oval for Ikue Mori.
She's not necessarily a major influence of mine, but we're pretty
similar on a conceptual level,

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com