EBow - active/passive humbuckers

I like to sometimes use an E-Bow with guitars and I don't think it
brings strings into vibration as well on a guitar with an active EMG
pickup, compared to a guitar with a normal passive humbucker. Is this
a known phenomenon, e-bow less efficient with active pups?

It's not an issue for five strings, only for the thinnest. The
thinnest string I have to tap or pull a pull-off on (ha, ha!) to kick
it off and then have the e-bow take over.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen