Re:

You need a mixer, Dave.
There are large amounts of them, with different stats, sizes, weights and prices
out there.

I, myself, due to the high quality pre-amps on board,  highly recommend the
Mackie VLZ series of mixers which come in many, many configurations.
The Behringer mixers look identical to the Mackies but DO NOT have the same high quality
mic pres in them.     If you want to go pro,  I'd avoid them at all cost.

Rick Walker