Re: All tracks command in Mobius

I support Jeffs advice to work the track level instead of feedback.
Because what if you fun loops of different length? In that case the
shorter loops will fade out faster by feedback.

I use a variation of Jeff's script (big thanks to Jeff for helping my
setting that up once upon a time!) but I actually never got around to
implement a "fade all" switch. The simple reason is that it is more
creative to have all track fades instantly accessabel and less for
your brain to keep track on. Since the fade out time is something like
30 seconds with my script it is not an issue that it might take one or
two seconds to hit the five switches that kick off the fade for the
tracks. (I use maximum five tracks). I have two ways to go; either I
scroll into my Gordius Little Giant's Bank 6 to tap my toe five times
or I use hand on the lappie's upper row (located under the number keys
to indicate track numer) "BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM... done!

I'll paste in the script I'm using below, if you want to try and
compare. Mine fades a little faster since I'm using "Wait msec 100"
instead of "Wait msec 50" - only because it suits my music better,
every player might have his own view on what fading speed to use.

Another useful part of the script I'm using is that it remembers the
level it started fade out from and in case you kick the same switch
again - when the level is zero - the track will begin fading back in
to restore the original track level. That's a cool performance
feature; you can fade in or out any track with a parallel loop while
playing.

Oh, finally a word on the track assignment for the script: I do that
with Scope (there's a drop-down menu) in Mobius MIDI Control window
(the secret room where we perform those MIDI Learn To rituals).

______________

!name Fade In Or Out
Message Fade In Or Out

Variable track lastLevel