Re: Boomerang setup

As far as amp vs. PA goes, remember that although a nice PA can sound great, it is larger and more equipment to carry. Frankly I have considered getting a nice keyboard amp (Motion Sound Amps) just for the sake of convenience. Once you decide on what amplification to use, you will know what signal strength to use. If you use a conventional PA, you will need line levels. Regular amp, you need instrument levels. In my setup I have a Korg MR2000s High-Resolution mastering recorder, (line level) so all I have to is push a button and I can record everything I do in any live looping situation. That's the advantage of line level; I can use pro audio gear in my signal path.

My best advice is to map out your entire setup, and your signal path beforehand. Determine the signal strength at all points. You will understand your setup and how to change it should the need arise.