Re: RME 400 - HELP NEEDED

I don't know what is causing it but I have had a similar issue with my
FF400 for many years. It started by the the FF400 needing several
minutes "get online" when starting up the gear. Until it had "warmed
up" any audio sent to it did suffocate the interface and triggered
that red light on. The "warm-up period" became longer and longer until
I finally had to wait for half an hour until it could handle audio
without interruptions. Now I have stopped using it completely.

Some experiences studio guys I was talking to said that there seems to
be an issue with the RME power adapters to break too soon. But I think
that's a different issue really, because if the power adapter is
broken you can still power it through the Firewire if using a Mac.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen