Drum Loops Used In Studio

I’m thankful to find your forum… I wondered if someone could help me? I
recently had the opportunity to sit in a recording session in Nashville.
There was a great drummer who use these loops to play on top of during the
recording of each song.

What he did was go to his laptop, pull up these very quiet, rhythmic
loops, some were like just percussion sounds, he would set the tempo and
then load them into the DAW, then go into the drum booth, and play along
with them. They provided a great rhythm on which to build on.

I’ve looked all over the internet trying to find what these loops were…
I’d like to purchase them to use in my songwriting.

Q: does anyone have an idea of what these “practice loops for lack of
better term” were and where I could get them?  I’m so sorry I don’t even
know what you would call them, which is why my search is so hard!

I appreciate whatever suggestions I could get to point me in the right
direction!

Thanks

James