Re: Software looping

I used jbridge and got mobius in there. I think my old dell laptop is making the latency be a problem that is making this experience difficult. Example: to use live's effects or plug ins on a live instrument channel you have to monitor the input which causes you to hear the latency. And the latency is like 30 milliseconds..enough to severely affect the timing. So I'm at a crossroads. I have to consider if I want to continue down this road I'll have to invest in a better computer. The power and possibilities of this system are endless but its definitely not plug and play. I was reading that Ed Sheeran went to software and it it took him and his tech months to get it all working..(Mobius in Ableton)

On Dec 5, 2015 4:23 AM, "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Josh Elliott <jrelliott500@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does she use Mobius in Live or just Live?

She composes and produces the recordings in Logic. For live show
preparation she has been using Ableton Live. She also has an
Eletrixpro Repeater, a discontinued rack looper machine that plays one
loop with four tracks. Several alternative loops can be cues to switch
between them. I had a Repeater long ago, great device.

>It looks like for me Mobius is out
> as I have the 64 bit version of Live and it wont recognize Mobius.

There is a software adapter for running 32 bit plugins in 64 bit
hosts: http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives/

You can also use Bitwig instead of Live, as Bitwig is a 64 bit DAW
that also supports 32 bit plugins. http://www.bitwig.com/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com