Re: Foot Controllers.

On 08/12/2015 19:40, Sylvain Poitras wrote:

I've never measured the latency of the RPi, but using the CCRMA satellite linux distribution,
the MIDI latency was in the range of "don't notice" to "don't care" which
usually means about 20-30 ms in my case.

:-(    5mS is about max for me (including response time of the looper)

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~eberdahl/Satellite/
<https://ccrma.stanford.edu/%7Eeberdahl/Satellite/>

You can use *most* class compliant midi-usb devices with the RPi. There
are lists of these things easily found online.
ta :-)

I've since moved on to the arduino pro mini ($3) for my MIDI controller
needs and I should try to build some midi processors from them as well.
right, and maybe that gets 5mS ?

Sylvain
andy