Re: Mobius Scripting question...

Thanks for the answer, Per.   I checked out the EDP Comparision on Circular Labs, but it told me nothing new that would help with scripting in Mobius.

re: NextLoop + Multiply ... I've discovered that I need to use "Wait Loop" when I want to use "NextLoop" + "Multiply" in a script... for some reason Mobius waits automatically when reading a script "NextLoop" + "Record" but it tries to implement "Multiply" immediately and thus Multiply fails to run correctly - this happens regardless of synchronization settings in the Presets and Track Setups configuration (I've tried them all multiple times).

Mobius is quite flexible and powerful, but that the documentation is so sparse is a bit of a problem.  I spent probably 6 hours working with supposedly "simple" scripts in Mobius over the past few days until I discovered the importance of the "Wait Loop" command.

As discussed already on the forums, I think a lot of people would pay some good money to see Mobius more completely documented, if not further developed.  But that's just my opinion.  And I recognize that most people on Looper's Delight prefer hardware looping to software looping, but for complex arrangements and integration with software samplers etc (e.g. I use live instruments and an EWI with Mobius under Ableton Live 8 x86, the latter for stability, since Live 9 had early issues..) Mobius can't be beat.

Thanks again for your help,
Bob Thomas