Re: OT cheap modular synths

Sent from my iPad
> On 17 Dec 2016, at 17:27, Michał Wiernowolski <mihalw@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry Mattia, cheap modular synths do not exist.

Im sorry, but i would have to disagree. I have a pretty huge moduler
Synth, but it cost me very little, compared to what it does, and whats its
comprised of. However, it is true to say that opning a moduler is an
addiction, and AS such, the regular freding of that addiction, will become
expensive In time. Now you can go and but moduler such as that sexy little
Make Noise one someone posted ( make noise being one of the more expensive
module manufacturers by the way) or you do it another way.
DIY.
Now, if you are thinking/saying, i dont have the skills for soldering and
Electronics, let me say one thing... forget modular now... you always be
re-wiring power supplies, checking voltages with multi-meters and thats
half the fun of modular. But let me say, you have the skill, its not
hard... a few tools, a few tests, and alot of YouTube tutorials, anyone
can build a modular synth nowadays... and... the best bit... its dirt
cheap!
First you need a power supply, this you Get from china, or eBay... ill
post links if you are interested... 20bucks... then you look around for
kits... again... links if you want them... at first i would stick to
through Hole component kits, and pick simple things first... look for
"Panel / pcb" kits which sometimes have inkluded burnt chips. so how much
are we takling... well of coursehe skys the limit, but if On a budget, you
can pick up a panel for 10, and pcb for 5, all the components for 7. From
pricy places like Grayscale (who make lovely panels) maybe 25 or 30 for a
panel for one module.
to of course have to make a box, do a little woodwork... but those lovely
swedes IKEA made a handy bedside table called RAST that fits the bill
wonderfully... Google rast modding.

I realise that you will tale the sensible avvise of the others on this
list and by a mini ms20... and sq01 OK fine.... no problem all you want to
do is on the run by pink floyd... but a bit like looping, a modular can
change your Life, and is not something to be afraid of...
One question... how understanding is the wife?

Mark