Re: Old LP1 upgrade problem

Hi Dennis,

first thing would be to establish what IP your router is on this is normally 192.168.1.1 but this may not always be the case.

for example if the router is 192.168.1.1 the LP1 should look like this:

IP:  192.168.1.5
Gate:  192.168.1.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.0

I used to use IP: 192.168.1.5 (I chose .5 as the laptop would normally take .2 desktop .3 etc.

If using the crossover adapter you have to connect the LP1 directly to the laptop not via the router.

I used to manually set a fixed the IP for a windows machine like this:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/
Then set the gateway to whatever IP you fixed the laptop to.

example:

IP:  192.168.1.5   LP1
Gate:  192.168.1.2 laptop
Netmask: 255.255.255.0

one further tip - clear you browsers cache

Regards

Rob