From: Brendan McCloskey <brendanmac2017@gmail.com>
Date: 14/09/2018 10:08 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: Live looping parameters for a disabled musician

Hallo,
ifrst post so please forgive any list protocol mistakes.
A physically disabled musician/colleague of mine has asked me to build her a DJ-like looper program (I can use PD or Supercollider), with an arcade joystick as the hardware interface. The design technicalities are up to me and she has been fairly specific about the nature of the instrument. The joystick offers 4-axis binary switches, with an additional 8 binary switches. My question is this: if this instrument was all you had to hand (on a desert island e.g.) what parameters would you wish to have available? Buttons for sounds (notes and hits), and joystick for control (record/overdub/erase etc.); or vice-versa. Option anxiety is a challenge at the moment, so any advice would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.