EDP - clicking noise gate?

I fear my old EDP may be malfunctioning, but maybe I’ve missed a setting.
I seem to remember there was a defeatable noise gate?  No mention in the
manual.

Anyway, when I fade in notes smoothly with a volume pedal, the resulting
looped notes have an audible attack added (like the click of a noise gate
opening).  I’ve confirmed threshold is set to 0.  I’ve done a factory
reset and removed all other variables I can think of and have my guitar
plugged directly into the EDP and out to a power amp.

Any thoughts?

Matt

—
www.kingnever.com - band