2012 Texas LoopFest

Greetings Loopers!

It's time for another performance art celebration of music and technology! The Texas LoopFest returns for another exciting year of brilliant and inspired performers, some old, some new, all with a serious commitment to their music and technology. Please join us at all of our performances to enjoy our artists and celebrate their voices. All performances are free to the public and we encourage videos, photos, social media posts, donations, tips, and applause.

Oct 9/10 are confirmed. Check the website, www.texasloopfest.com, or FB page for updates.

We will be performing at King William Park for "A Day in Southtown" in partnership with Southtown the Arts District and at Hemisfair at Yanaguana Garden on the Splash pad. All times TBA.

First confirmed artists are Pedeplei, Lizeth Ruvalcaba, James Sidlo, and Widespread Noise. Applications are live here: https://noahpeterson.com/texas-loopfest-application

What we're looking for this year: Serious and active performing artists, new technology, ethnic music and instruments, unusual tech/instruments, song-form performers, ambient performers, regional artists, and anything else that is undeniably awesome.

There is a live video requirement: Cell phone videos are acceptable. We need to see buttons being pushed, and sound being affected. ALL of the fields in the form are required. Due to the nature of the venues we have procured this year, we are NOT looking for avant-garde, noise, or provocative performance art.

If you can't come - we have put together a Gofundme page.  Please donate today to help us put on an amazing event! https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-texas-loopfest?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

The Texas LoopFest features local, regional, and international artists. It is open to all genres and technologies that using looping techniques. All of our artists come to us at their own expense. They are paid from the generosity of our audience members, our sponsors, and from gear donated by our gear sponsors. We are asking for money to help with food, traveling, lodging, and advertising. Anything above our needs will go to pay the performing artists. Our artists will be extremely grateful for any help they can get. We will hold a meet and greet for any local donors and for donors who come to our fest to enjoy our talented performers. We'll even list your name on the page for supporting us!!!

What is live looping? Live looping is artists using hardware/software technologies to instantly record and playback sound. Born from the experimental efforts of early pioneers with magnetic tape and sound recording devices, "Loopers" have expanded into every music genre and into performance art. What I have assembled at this festival are performers who are passionate and serious about their music and their technology. They are there for you to enjoy and appreciate. Support them, buy a recording, make a donation below. We hope you'll come on board and see how incredible looping is.

Please use #texasloopfest on your social media.

--
Peterson Entertainment, Llc
999 East Basse Road #180-117