Re: TAGfest

At 8:22 PM 9/8/97, PMimlitsch@aol.com wrote:
>"N.C.17"'s guitarist and one other bands'-name forgotten- guitarist) all
>utilized the Diditech PDS 8000 pedal.  Experimental guitarist Edward Chang
>(who w/partner Mokoto Shimizu make up "N.C.17") ran his PDS 8000 into a
>DODfx94 then into a Boss reverb/delay (2 sec.) pedal.  Results?  Real
>nice,
>both from a sonic standpoint as well as from an educational standpoint.  I

I played with Ed Chang quite a bit last year when he was living in
Portland, and he'll appear on our upcoming CD, currently awaiting funds and
free time to finish mastering and press. He was taking a sabbatical from
guitar at the time and learning clarinet, and was a pretty interesting
player in a John Zorn/Evan Parker frame. We recorded a few duets with me
processing/looping his clarinet that may make it onto the CD, he's a very
interesting player and thinker.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra