hologram, means, and ends

Kim-

Your original post had hung in my inbox and although toast on friday
night from work i reckon imma gonna chime in.
I had joined the delight eons ago for about two weeks when under the
weight of some rather trainspotterish gearheadedry i dropped the list...
for me all the gear and knobs and whatsits have been a means to an end
and not an end in and of itself.
i didn't even think the list again until david torn had forwarded on to
me (god bless his little heart :)) a posting he had sent here about
trying to take the medium outside of its confines... as per usual for dt
really thoughtful and thought provoking stuff.
So here I am back again.
And I'm glad I missed the as you say "who's better guitarists, dj's, or
bassoonists" flame fest" that happened...but what I would love to hear
is how non guitarists are using these tools when the majority have been
made with guitarists in mind...I use my guitar for looping about 10% of
the time I would imagine.
for me the true joy of looping is that it has allowed me the ability to
create what I call "hologram" music which 1. is composed of sounds that
are, represent, or will remind people of something and 2.a section of it
shows the larger structure....

salam,

buck