Re: The new ebows

>Anybody ever have on of the old, metal chassis Ebows?  I just can't get
>mine to sound as good a Daniel Ash's (it must be the gear, right?
>Right?)

They weren't metal, they were chrome colored.  Slightly bigger than the
current ones, and a phenomenal pain in the ass.  Or maybe it was just the
two that I ran into.  They had a built-in battery-saver feature, which
mean that they would switch themselves off whenever it decided that it
wasn't being used, which always seemed to coincide with when you were
using the damn thing.  They were a lot more difficult to use, but worked
on the same principle.  You probably need to get one of those H&H
solid-state amps like Ash always uses.  They sound real, uh, unique.

Travis