question...

  This question has been a curiousity of mine for a while now, and as the
conversation here lately has been concerned with people's feelings about
Robert Fripp which seem to be mostly negative, I thought this would be a
good place to ask it.

  What is it concerning him that seems to upset people so?

  I mean this question quite sincerely as I've noticed this happening
quite a lot in interviews, articles, etc.  I'm asking this because I don't
understand it and I'd genuinely like to know what's going on.  My
experiences with him have been warm, friendly and pleasant and I'm not
sure why he seems to come off to some people in such a negative light.  I
should probably add that this question is strictly my curiousity as a
musician,it doesn't come from being a "Fripp-fan", liking his music or
some such thing.  I've got no special affinity for Robert over anyone else
in my life and am not trying to "support" him.  I'm a musician, and I do
what I do.  Other musicians do what they do and that's that.  So, to
anyone who'd care to anser this question honestly, I'd be extremely
appreciative.  Anyway, let's all have some fun and play a lot of cool
music!

Sincerely, smiles and Thanks,

Corynne