Re: cc's for nextloop

         Hey Kim thanks for the tutorial; it made perfect  sense for once.
Regarding the posts earlier about live dnb It is very possible to do snare
flutters & rolls in a improvised context. I use a cc tied to the tempo
function in the infamous Cyclone( another fine Oberheim product) . Using a
foot pedal I can vary the speed of a non transposing repeating note , I
have to watch when I switch this function on & off mind you or it will
rapidly repeat ever note ..maybe ok for Alec Empire but ....(You have to
keep a watchful eye on the Cyclone too it can & will reset itself in a most
unpredictable fashion as witnessed at a recent gig) In my sampler I assign
a cc to alter the vol of the note or pitch or whatever .The  resultant
fading in of the note really sounds cool & it works in the groove quite
well. While programming  this data is recorded into
a sequence as well I can then go back & edit & copy etc how iI like .Even
though I own Cubase(but no ideal Mac situation)  I actually use a Yamaha Qy
700 for my sequences & Ive tried to come up with ways to make the tedious
aspect of progamming this unit fun, I was talking to some junglists on IRC
one night and they thought I was crazy, Of course these guys had never
heard of Recycle & did all their breaks by hand (such purists) working only
on Atari & running Cakewalk > Hey  whatever works! It was good to see this
thread going cause I know alot of people out there really dig drum N bass.
                                            K LAW