What instrument can you loop? Bass?!?!

>>kim wrote:

>>you know, it just baffles me how looping gets so associated with guitar.
>>(at least in some circles...)  The sound going into the loop can be
>>anything, where do people get the idea that its just a guitar effect?
>>mystery.....

Well, I'm a bass player not a guitar player. If you ever want to see a
JamMan get a workout, go see Victor Wooten at one of his solo gigs.
He and J.D. lay it down. It's definitely not based on "softly spinning
layered textures of sound". It's more about groove, good ole funk,
and incredible chops, which is not easy to tie together with a stomp
box for timing the whole thing.

I mostly use my Echoplex with a drum machine or with a live drummer. Its
great live or just for practicing, especially with a six-string. Any other
bass
players out there?

Doug.