Re: stereo to mono

Hmmm,
Exactly what I thought, but I can't for the life in me work out what I'm
doing wrong.......

I just end up with either the original left or the original right channel.

I've been testing it on a wave file I made myself, mono (both channels
identical) I have me saying "middle, middle, middle", left channel "left,
left, left" and right channel "right, right, right".

Is this a proper approximation of a stereo file? Cos if it is I just can't
extract the "middle, middle, middle" part by itself.

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Alex