RE: stereo to mono

Even the downloadable eval copy of Cool Edit (http://www.syntrillium.com)
performs this conversion, under the Edit/Convert Sample Type menu.  Never
had a phase error in several years. ;)

The removal/separation of exclusive elements is done through a crossfade
mix
section.

Stephen GoodmanÊ -Ê It's... The Loop Of The Week (Roddy McDowell)!
EarthLight StudiosÊ -Ê http://www.earthlight.net/Studios