Re: EDP footpedal failure queery

Hi Rick,

The footpedal is very simple inside. Each switch connects the conductor
wire
of your connecting lead to the earth conductor through a resistor.
(straight
to earth for RECORD button)

The EDP "scans" the resistor value and executes the appropriate function.

Commonest problem is a dirty switch which gives misfires or the wrong
command. I use switch cleaner and then with a pencil and blu-tack rotate
the
switch while pressing lightly. Works for a bit.

The other problem is a wire can have fallen off inside. Have a look and
resolder anything that looks loose.

Which buttons are not working?

Best wishes

jeremy