Re: The dangers of live laptop looping...

You're better off having your show laptop NEVER hooked
to the internet for any reason AND make sure Sleep,
and any Screen saver apps are off.

Then there's the situation where you do everything
right and turning on your crashed cd player (a numark
Axis 9) crashes your computer.  True story.  Why?  No
one at Numark could say, but every once and a while it
would startup and not function correctly.  (the Numark
CDX that replaced it has no such problems)

Remember, even a tubeamp can die during a show (though
it's less likely)  It's best to just not be freaked
out by it on stage and try and laugh it off and make a
joke.

Mark