Subject: the screen in between

hello,
this is a bit off-topic but maybe some of you will have good tips.
i have been thinking about getting rid of a computer, at least for a
while. to rest from my small but growing addiction. also as an experiment,
to see if it affects my everyday life, in a longer run. i'm curious to see
if i chose to avoid spending a too big part of my life in front of a
screen.
my main hesitation is about how to produce music then (composing,
arranging...). the only alternative i see right now are these multitracks
digital recorders but i'm a bit sceptic and afraid i'll be pissed with the
"linear" way of working.
any suggestions?

stéphane
http://www.clumsybeats.org