Re: Echoplex question

Yes, I think so.
Make sure moreloops=2, loopcopy=sound, autorecord=on
Record, play bass line.
End bassline with NextLoop
Immediately begin playing your overdubs, indicate end of second loop
with Overdub, continue with new layers.
When you want to go back to the naked first loop, do a NextLoop, which
will take you back to loop 1.  You need to have quantize turned on and
set to Loop or Cyc, or be really precise with your NextLoop press.
When you want to go to the loop with overdubs, press NextLoop again.