Re: Would this work for Mobuis?

On 17 jul 2006, at 11.11, mark t wrote:

> https://www.eritech.com/detail.php?item=2373-75U

Yes, I would guess so. But I would consider buying more RAM, at least
1 GB, eventually 2. That is, if that machine will let you do that. My
old ThinkPad (a 700 MHz P 3 I used for Ableton Live four three years
ago) had only slots for 768 MB RAM. It was a great machine and payed
its duties well until my son dropped a glass of milk into it. I
wouldn't get a ThinkPad again though, because I hate that little
stick you operate with a finger to navigate the mouse pointer. But
that's just me; I prefer a track pad on a lappy.

"IBM ThinkPad T40
Product Info: P M 1.5GHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB 5400rpm HDD, 14.1 XGA
(1024x768) TFT LCD, 32MB ATI Radeon 7500,"

Good thing is that it has a separate video memory, shared memory for
graphics can be problematic with audio software. How do you intend to
get the analog sound out of that box? I can't see any spec's on an
eventual PCMCIA, USB or FireWire to add a decent audio converter? But
on the other hand, when I read up on my own old IBM lappy I cant find
those spec's either on most internet sites and my machine had
definitely both USB and a PCMCIA card slot.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)