Re: New Boomerang and Blooperang Update...

At 10:37 AM -0400 7/17/06, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/17/06 4:04:12 AM, aleatoric12@gmail.com writes:
>>
>>what is a blooperrang?
>
>there were a bunch of buggy rangs.....i think the bug was: if you
>record a maximun length loop, the rang will stop by itself and you
>have to engage the play button to make the loop play.....if you do
>not do this quickly enough the rang gives out a nasty sound and the
>loop is useless (to some of us.....:).....i seldom if ever make
>loops this long so for me this would not be an issue.....mike nelson
>kindly told us that he would sell these at a great discount, i
>forget the price but seem to remember that it was a nice deal.....i
>would think that this bug will NOT effect 95% of the rang users
>seeing that hardly anyone uses that long a loop.....i hope the new
>rangs (stereo) will be as elegent and simple to use as the original
>rang.....hope this helps.....michael
>p.s. if i had the $ i would get one of these blooperangs.....no
>doubt about it!

Yeah, that's pretty much spot on: you fill up the entire memory with
one single loop until it stops recording, then let it just sit there
unplayed for a few minutes.  I guess the time left sitting varies a
bit, but it's measured in minutes, not seconds.  When you finally
return to play the loop, it's degraded into a nasty noise.  You can
get the Blooperang back to normal by simply erasing that loop and
recording a new one.

They're going for $279, I think, and Mike was kind enough to post
their availability last June or July, IIRC.  I woulda killed for one
while I was stuck in Japan with no gear for 3 months last August, but
I figured by that time they had to be sold out by then.  Oops!

        --m.
--
_______
"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike..."