Re: Vedr. Re: reverb just on the delays

Title: Re: Vedr. Re: reverb just on the delays
"Open secret" starts with a very dry trumpet and  at 1:08 he brings up his two harmonizer channels . The left channel tuned a minor third down (-3 semitones) and the right a fifth below  (-7 semitones).
At the end of his phrases we can hear a simply a long reverb set about 20dB below the trumpet level which creates  that 'Hang" . There are no delays on this track.

Marifaa Street, open secret ? Or any tune on M.Street.

RF
Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net> skrev:
If you could site a particular cut, I can tell you how to get the
effect nearly exactly.

I suspect that you might be referring to "Malay" from Dream theory in
Malaya (1981)

The most useful method will require a small mixer. Patch the delay
and the reverb into the mixer. Send a signal to the reverb from an
aux which is pre-fader on the channel to which the delay is patched.
This way you can regulate the 'wetness' of the delay independant of
the delay level.

>On some of Jon Hassells tunes, his trompetsound has a near and close
>direct sound, and just a small amout of his sound (lets say 20%)
>has a big reverb, I think. The part that has reverb, also has some
>delay, I think. But there are no delay on the direct sound, I
>think....
>
>I play guitar, with the use of TC 2290 for delay, and a Alesis for
>reverb. The Alesis is in the fx-chain of the Tc.
>
>Any Thoughts of how to get "closer" to the Hassells sound, in the
>manner of getting reverb just on the delays ? Or any tips what so
>ever ?
>
>Best regards of Rune F
>

>www.runefagereng.com
>Mail:rune_fagereng@yahoo.no