Re: how do you correct a bad loop on stage, etc

for me, i agree with angulo and his davis quote. If something does
sound like it went a little sour, then i just keep playing and work
with it...if things are going horribly wrong and i am looping with my
two MoFXs, then i just turn the feedback knob down from "loop" and let
it fade out and start the next improv...if i am using my jamman and
things go wrong, then i either fade it out manually by turning the
blend knob more towards the input, or i will pull up a few effects
with a completly different sound and hit the stop and immediatly play
something totally different and loop that...i am eagerly awaiting my
purchase of a riff box specifically for these fadeout situations, the
riff box has a preset where you can fade out loop A while
simultaniously recording loop B (without overdubing A). I was
originally excited for it for ambient music, to smoothly shift (and
blend) from one key to another, but it could be a good safeguard for
when loops go wrong too :)

Charlie