RE: inputing bass

for a HW solution:

EBS octabass works reasonably even with a polyphonic input (several
strings played)

Paradis PolyBass is perfect since it octaves 4 strings separately.
its now available on a small PCB that fits into the guitar - but it
takes a polyphonic PU
http://rolfspuler.com

for a SW solution:

Chopitch slowes the note down, so there are no glitches, and it does
not just add a lower frequency as the others mentioned, but tunes the
whole sound an octave down.
http://www.mathons.com

I use PolyBass constantely to fill the bass range and for soft bass
lines (as you hear in all of my music since 1985)
and Chopitch for strong and jazzy bass lines. It also does very deep
synth like bass which no bass guitar can do!

Matthias

by the way: did you realize the new language trend? Paul is speaking
of a loop station - not meaning a Roland device, but any tool that a
looper would use...

--

          ---> http://www.matthiasgrob.com