Re: Bidule (was: MAX/msp question)

On 30 okt 2006, at 13.53, a k butler wrote:
> Very good indeed in Bidule.
> If you have a tap time looper with midi sync out it's no problem to
> sync to it.
> You could even have a number of different loopers, running at
> different tempi, each with synced fx
>
> Bidule hosts all sorts of vsts, any no. of channels, and lets you
> hook them up any way you like (audio, midi, sync), and you can do
> that while the audio is actually running.
> pc & mac ( AU supported on mac)
>
> not expensive
>
> It has simple midi synced loop components if you needed those too.
>
> ........BUT
> It doesn't have the "support base" here that MAX has :-)

I see your point, Andy. But Bidule is so damn easy and fast that it
doesn't need any "support base" to let you create things. I have been
tinkering half day with Bidule and already made a nice VST host and
effect tweaking environment for looping in Mobius. Nice SIR reverb on
both live input and Mobius loop output as well as different parallel,
or daisy-chained, VST effects that are called up from a MIDI foot
pedal. Bidules "Audio Matrix" makes it possible to route effects and
assign MIDI bindings.  Not Program Change though, so I'm setting up
this pilot system with cc and using an expression pedal to sweep
though all my custom made multi effect clusters.

Since tweaking Bidule is so fast I may have time to make a pilot rig
in MAX as well, so I can evaluate MAX in 30 days before the demo
times out. Both app's are working fine under OS X and XP. I guess MSP
has plain pitch shifting modules? Regarding Bidule under XP I still
miss the nice pitch-shifters that comes for free on a Mac, but maybe
someone can hint me at a plain pitch-shifting VST plug-in for XP?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)