Re: Echoplex LED level indicators question. Please Help Me!

weeksville@comcast.net wrote:
> I hope this doesn't sound flippant, but when you say "My EDPs are
> exactly the same in this respect" exactly what do you mean?

I meant that the FB LEDS did strange stuff during record.

> Do you mean
> when you record your first loop the feedback level is higher than the
> original input level or you can get the feedback level LED to light even
> when the input LED is dark?

FB LED comes on green much quicker than the Inp.
..but FB LED doesn't go Red on Record ever.

Hope that puts your mind at rest:-)

Also if you Record a silent loop, and then go into Overdub the Feedback
LED will light during sound input.

I reckon Matthias wanted to see the overload in the loop as he was putting
on a new layer to the loop, then he could undo and the distortion could be
erased, but that's pure guesswork on my part.
Maybe it's just that place where the signal for the LED is taken on the
circuit gets the input to the loop, which is the FB plus the edp input.

Matthias or Kim could probably say exactly what's going on here.

As both LEDS do what they're supposed to, and this seems to be a normal
part of EDP operation you certainly don't want to send your edp away for
this.

The difference in response makes sense, the 2 LEDS perform different
functions.

andy butler