Re: a moronic question

mark francombe wrote:

>          I never found a way to
>         satisfactorily replicate Tablas, for instance.  .
>

>     No-one ever found a way to replicate any acoustic instrument.
>
>     andy butler
>
> Nanotechnology?
>
> PS, are you sure?

Yep :-)

On a recording?

not yet.

I bet you can... dont see the point
> tho...

Exactly, the world is full of people who want to use
new technology so that's it's easy for them to
replicate the music that is already available.

To me, the point would be to work out what it
is about acoustic instruments that makes them so
expressive, and apply that knowledge to make
better electronic instruments.

andy