Re:Exploring new Loooperlative features

> Bill Walker wrote:
> I have been recently digging in to the new Looperlative feature that Rick
> spoke of  that allows you to set program change values for scalic
>sampling
> rate changes to the Looperlative that go beyond the already established
>half
> speed/normal speed sampling rate change. Not only can you assign a pc
>change
> to any twelve chromatic intervals, you also have octave below preset,
>which
> allows among other things to actually drop the sampling rate to .25
>which
> equates to a sub octave.

Bill, I was just wondering in what way this feature differs from
programming a Midi CC pedal with value 84 which is about a Fith. You could
also use the halfspeed function and a expression pedal assigned to "Speed"
to get 1/4 of the original track speed. That's how I used it before OS
1.37 came out. Or does the new feature offer extra things?

> Is also interesting to stay in record mode while
> shifting to the various intervals and adding content at the various
>sampling
> rates, things start getting really interested in a twisted and abstract
>sort
> of way. Kudos to Bob for implementing this feature and Rick for lobbying
>him
> to do so

Absolutely. Changing speed is a cool feature of the LP1. I especially like
the harsh and gritty artifacts the LP1 produces when adding content in
overdub mode while changing speed up/down (fast). I have to thank you for
above tip! :)

Btw: I programmed a random speed switch on the Gordius LG. That's works
very well for abrupt speed changes and it also allows you to manually
"sync" the change in de loop.
---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/