Re: Ableton/Mobius consulting gig

Andy,ive been working with both lately and have  pretty much down the
basics,though Mobius is the king of loopers i tell you that little
looper in Ableton 8 is a shy monster!
it has all the important stuff you need,record,multiply,overdub,pitch
shift,feedback reverse and it will slave any groove you put into
ableton perfectly in sync.
Everythng in it is "midi learneable" you just activate the midi learn
function on Ableton and push on your favorite foot controller
You can also use the same looper in different tracks as well,so
imagine having 4 or more different loopers! not only that but once you
have a loop you like you can insert it in a scene and use it to create
arrangments.Then you can put any after fxs adfter the looper like
delays or reverbs etc. and they will all sync to the beat!!
So now that you have all that enchilada going,just push record in
ableton and start recording your performance and arrangement in
realtime by turning things on and off etc.
Im so busy with that at the moment that i havent really messed with
mobius that much,there is som much you can do with the little
looper,and everything ive mentioned is in Ableton without the need of
x tra plugins.Ableton is also very stable and as Sjaak said is like
looking at a mixer which makes things very logical.
Try it!
Luis

--
www.luis-angulo.com