Re: Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

One makes it happen.

Basically I made a request to work with a videographer to some circles... a man by the name of Vortex said "let's project some video on some nude women" (later on, I found he was kind of joking, as he didn't think it could happen) and I said "okay, let me get back to you with some volunteers".

I shot out some emails to folks who like my music, to friends, posted in a few Burning Man friendly/nudity positive circles, even Craigslist, for volunteers for my vision.  Secured a location (a beautiful old ballroom with high ceilings, and a lovely evening type setup for the show replete with couches galore... all moved for dancing afterwards of course!), and then spent a couple months trying to keep it all organized, write the set, have 3 rehearsals with 3 different groups, etc...  Worked with a local printing company to get 5000 flyers on the cheap, and everything else was internet promo/word of mouth.  At the last moment we got local circus Ringmaster William Batty/Noah Mickens to MC the event, which really helped tie it all together.

Day of show came and I had a few voluteer airbrushers to paint the ladies, along with a few last minute ladies voluteering (thank goodness I had finagled a stage manager by that time), a few cameramen to document, and a very late Vortex/videographer.  He eventually showed though, and I'm glad for his simple pattern type of approach as well... doubt it would have happened as well with a modern digital videographer, but he was using old school gear.  Ennywhoo, we pulled it off on time and it went pretty well.  We even did a DVD and had a release party at a local theatre.

If you go to

http://www.media-blitz.net/

and click on the "products" tab, you can buy the DVD made from the event for 10 USD... I think it's even on amazon and some of the other film selling sites.

But yeah, basically it took me thinking nothing is impossible and working my ass off to prove it. ;)

-nn
http://www.soundcloud.com/happyhumans