Android phone OK for music/looping?

Hi folks

I'm planning on buying an Android phone. Generally, I'd prefer it to an
iPhone (microSD, transparent/open, accessible file system).
However, I'm not sure if the Android will be ok for music/looping. I just
need some basic looping (long loop, overdubs, able to save it), basic
music notation (abc notation or Lilypond) and some simple things (mp3
voice recorder, tuner, metronome etc.).
Should I be ok with an Android for basic stuff (no gimmicks) or is there
simply no alternative for a musician to an iPhone?

best regards
Buzap