Re: The nature of ambient music

Ok here is a clip of my little (and far more talented) brother playing a
Beatles song in the bar in which Im always looping Hank Williams songs.
There is no looping except for the orchestra build up. He mimicked the
orchestra by playing diminished scales up and down the neck. Should that
not be considered "live looping".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUKSX9ZNJdk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I have other clips of him playing/looping a Men At Work or Dire Straights
songs. True none of this could be misconstrued as ambient. He was trying
to sound more like the original version of the song.
Of course this is not ambient music but I think it's live looping.
But to be fair genres and categories suck. I'm never played even on public
radio around here (eastern KY) because I'm <gasp> "not format friendly"
Formats suck. Just play. Like I like to yell at other musicians that dwell
too much on their virtuosity. "Dance mf Dance!!"
Just try to entertain. (or offend)
Move me!

Chaz Worm - singer, bass, banjo
Earth, Worm, &, Fire and