Re: Octotrack... and similar stuff

I have a Tempest. It's an amazing machine, but a lot of people (myself
included) are experiencing MIDI sync problems. According to DSI, those
problems will be addressed, but I need my gear to sync--so I'm back to the
old Roland x0x gear--which I am having quite a bit of fun with.

Also the Tempest does weird stuff at very inopportune times, so I wouldn't
consider it a solid performance-ready bit of kit. Gearslutz has a long
thread discussing the Tempest, and DSI has an entire forum devoted to it.
I'll be selling mine to fund an 808. Not as nearly as versatile, but 808s
are easy, fun and solid as a rock.

If the problems with the Tempest are ever ironed out, I may consider
getting one again. But I'm tired of waiting.