Re: Realistic drum programming/recording for songs

Hi Andy

> As I understand it there's also limits to timing accuracy
> and the need to play along to a click track when recording.

I've also heard that midi timing is less precise than audio timing. Based
on this assumption, sending e-drum triggers as audio (instead of midi)
would deliver more precise results.
You would then do beat detect & drum replacement in the DAW.
Found this post on it (DAW=Logic):
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/8156261-post4.html

Don't know if midi vs audio is a valid point and if this approach makes
sense, though.

best regards
Buzap