Re: OT: Gig with Damo

Hi Kevin,

I was told when I was asked to do it, that he doesnt come to soundcheck, and turns up 15 mins before, and its and I quote " A spliff, a group hug and yer on!"
In actual fact we had a pretty good Sound check, and he was part of it. But Yes, No pre-ordained plan or strategy.
I think the band was put together from people who KNOW how to improv, so we were quite kind to each other, and gave spaces to each other, but Damo, pretty much sang all the time... So no guitar solos or general wanking of any kind... plus I should say that he doesnt ever play with the same band twice. After Oslo he went off to do 5 or 6 nights in Sweden, and I asked him if THAT would at least be the same band, he said "oh no!!"