The beginning..

For this i have clues. I think it did ot ONLY started with tapes. I saw a
video about composers in france in the beginning of the sixties, they had
a whole laboratory that was to grow into an experimental plublic funded
center od research on music and technologie with VERY state of the art
technologie (like a using a Cray computer, wich far is from my Mac for
the moment). They had an old analog sequencer that weighted 200 Kg I
think, and they did loops with.... Vinyls! They had old black records with
many looped on it. The record did not play from beginning to end but had
each track(drill?) with a loop. Long ones on the beginning of the record,
little ones in the end. They stacked up to 8 phono at a time...
Hell I don't remember the name of this thinb Boulez set in motion it was
like Centre d'etude et de recherche musicale or something...

Olivier