Re: The beginning..

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Ray Peck wrote:

> Olivier Malhomme writes:
> >For this i have clues. I think it did ot ONLY started with tapes. I saw
> >video about composers in france in the beginning of the sixties, they
>had
> >a whole laboratory that was to grow into an experimental plublic funded
> >center od research on music and technologie with VERY state of the art
> >technologie (like a using a Cray computer, wich far is from my Mac for
>
> Not to be critical, but for starters:
>
> 1. Musique Concrete started in the 30s, if not the 20s.
>
> 2. Crays did not exist in the sixties.
>
> p.s., Seymour Cray RIP (he died a couple days ago, complications of an
> auto crash, 71 years old)

oory I did not make myself clear...
This place is IRCAM, and they have always used state of the art
technologie, like Cray computer a few years ago (not in the 60'). P.
Schaeffer did these experiment with vinyl based loops in the 60'. I know
it was not the beginning of concrete music (fun that infrench, concrete
music is said musique concrete, though the two djectives (i.e french vs
english) do not have the same meaning!), but it is certainly not my
responsability...