Re: Bug or Feature -- anyone else experience this?

>>The trouble is when I bring in the note quietly, my Echoplex -- while
>passing
>>the sound to my amp -- waits until there is enough gain to RECORD it so
>the
>>beginning of the sound seems to be clipped-off.

True. This feature is clearly made to create rythmic loops. (is it? I never
use it)

>>Now I know there IS a very cool feature to turn RECORD on when a note is
>>played  and the "trigger-gain-sensitivity" can be set.  I've used it
>once or
>>twice.  But I turned this feature off.  In fact, I've RESET the machine
>twice
>>to make sure I've turned it off.
>
>This is the same noisegate thing that caused Andre his weekend of
>suffering. The parameter called "threshold" is only for starting a record
>when you actually start playing. The noisegate is different. It's on all
>the time and has nothing to do with the "threshold" setting. The noisegate
>is there to make Undo a much more usable function, so that each press of
>Undo takes away a real overdub rather than some unintentional noise. It
>also keeps the echoplex from squandering its memory.
>
>Matthias and I have discussed ways to make the noisegate smarter, as well
>as adding a parameter for it. Its tricky, since the user can cause himself
>troubles with the undo function without realizing it.

Well, so far the parameter is implemented in the update.
A higher "threshold" setting might actually help to keep the other
musicians out of the loop in a live setup.
But as Kim sais, it was made for +Undo+, for AutoUndo exactly. It is the
internal function that improves +Undo+ in that its possible to undo the
last layer even after infinite listening to the unmodified loop.
All that complaints about noisegate and the difficulty to press UNDO in the
right moment makes me want to go back to the first software release of the
LOOP delay where +Undo+ allways jumped back to the last time arround even
if nothing changed. There were no complaints then and the soft was a lot
simpler.

Matthias